I agree to compete in the Sydney 2 CAMberra event on the following basis:
- All entries must be on an official Event Entry form and will not be accepted unless all details are included, and accompanied by the correct entry fee.
- I acknowledge I will be required to attend training rides prior to the event that will enable the organisers to understand my fitness levels and capabilities prior to the event. This will also allow me to learn to ride in a peleton with other riders.
- I am required to raise a minimum of $500 in donations for the event. If I am unable to raise $500 in donations, I will contribute the remaining amount.
- My registration is not transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete, or if the event is cancelled for any reason whatsoever, my event registration fee and all donations made to the Stillbirth Foundation Australia and Red Nose will not be refunded.
- I consent to my personal information being used for the purpose of me becoming a registered entrant of this event.
- I understand that the split of all donation monies received in the name of the Sydney 2 CAMberra Charity Ride will be split between the two charities at the discretion of the organisers at the completion of the event.
- I give consent for the Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated to use my name, image and likeness, before during or after the event, for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I acknowledge that I have read and familiarised myself with the “Australian Bunch Riding Rules and Etiquette” published. (A copy of which is available from the event organisers).
- I agree to abide by the rules of the event and obey all traffic laws and directions given by the organisers and Police.
- I have disclosed on this entry form details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I acknowledge that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated medical officers think desirable during or after the event. If I become ill or injured and further treatment is required an ambulance may be contacted. If this occurs, I will pay for the cost of the ambulance.
- I acknowledge that I understand that participation in this event involves riding on public roads used by motor vehicles and involves the real risk of serious injury or even death. I acknowledge that, whilst all reasonable care is taken by the Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated, I am participating in this event at my own risk and I am responsible for taking all reasonable care and adhering to all road rules and any other conditions imposed or directions given by Police and or organisers/officials. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated and/or Police are a service to me and are not a guarantee of safety.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of the event from, and will indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. For clarification, the people released include Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated, officials, promoters, sponsors and Police. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- Support vehicles operate throughout the event. While volunteers take due care when handling bikes, the event is not responsible for any damages, costs or expenses that may be incurred as a result of the handling of bikes and other equipment.
- I understand that Cycling Australia Insurance Cover may not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and I have read this document and I fully understand it.
Sydney2CAMberra Charity Ride means Sydney2CAMberra Incorporated and includes, where appropriate volunteers and contractors.